Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Four Months


I am fast approaching the four month anniversary of my kidney transplant.  Just two months ago I was wondering if I would ever feel good again but after a few bumps in the road (blood clot in leg, bladder leak thus the catheter for four weeks), I am finally at a good place.

I was thankful to hear from other transplant recipients that it could take as long as a year to feel fully recuperated.  Now I am not so tempted to believe that I am not getting better!  I have so much more energy yet I know I am not at 100% yet - I can't imagine how good that is going to feel!

There are still a few side effects from the medication that are annoying but if you are looking at the much bigger picture, they seem trivial.  One of the biggest annoyances is the joint pain.  I am guessing this is what arthritis feels like?  Soreness and tenderness in my fingers, wrists, inner elbows and inner knees.  Currently my left knee is very painful; but you know what?  A month ago my right knee was the exact same way and after some time, it stopped hurting completely.  I'm hoping the same for my left knee.

My hair is falling out some lately, too.  What's up with that?  That could be medication or that could just be normal for some people.  I have plenty of hair so as long as it quits falling out fairly soon, I should be okay!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Memories of yesterday said...

Have you talked to anyone about the hair loss? I am so glad you are continually improving!!

July 20, 2010 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home