Sunday, October 24, 2010

Coziness At Home

When my hubby and I first got married, I set about creating a cozy home. I still had lots of wedding present goodies and it was an easy task to do. However, when the boys came along, I was one of THOSE moms. You know, the ones that baby-proof the house until it hardly looks like anyone lives there. Well, I can't say that - there were plenty of baby swings and clothes and toys and diapers all around to remind you that there were especially little ones living in the house.

Several years have passed and the boys are older, we are in a new home and the rooms are getting painted one by one (my hubby paints for a living so he does it when he can!). My living room especially looks nice - color wise but it still needs the cozy touch. This afternoon we added an inexpensive book case to one corner and just about filled it! It definitely has that cozy element. I also took the time to unscramble the various cables, plugs and wii contraptions and hide them neatly behind the TV - love it!





Our living room had no coffee tables or end tables and made the room look bare. I took an old beside table (and I do mean old) and put it between the two couches. Found an unused lamp and one of my Willow Trees and it made a huge difference in the room. This will work until I get a "proper" table for that corner. I bought the little table below from my sister. It is good and solid and I think the candle was a great touch. I'm kinda careful when I light it. If the boys are playing Wii, I don't but if we are watching television or or talking to guests, I go ahead. In a house of boys you never know!




So, as you can see, I'm still working on things but I am happy with the start I've made.  I'm also particularly glad that I am feeling well enough to move around, crawl on the floor to hide TV cables and various other tasks that I've had to put off for too long!  God is good!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home