Thursday, October 21, 2010

List One Thing You Are Thankful For

I woke up today thinking about the things that I am thankful for. There are a lot of Thankful Thursday type posts going on in the blogosphere today and normally my list runs towards things such as a warm house, food to eat and family. Of course I am extremely grateful for those things but today I am thinking about things that we usually take for granted and I hope I never do so again!

  • I am thankful that I have a kidney in my body that removes toxins from my body, balances the fluid in my body, helps regulate my blood pressure, produces a form of Vitamin D that promotes healthy bones and that controls the production of red blood cells.  (Did you know the kidneys filter and return to the bloodstream about 200 quarts of fluid every 24 hours?).
  • I am thankful that I have energy to manage the tasks of everyday living.  I can go to the grocery store, school my boys, prepare a dinner, do laundry and a lot more things that used to be monumental to me. Oh, I don't want to take that for granted again!
  • I am thankful that my legs work and whether or not I have, I can still walk where I need to go.  (I'm MUCH better, btw)
  • I am thankful that I can see!  How sad it would be not to be able to take in this beautiful fall scenery or the smiles of my boys.  Yes, I'm thankful for my eyes!
I am trying to look at things in a whole new light.  What things are you thankful for today?  Things that you might not have thought about before?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home