Wednesday, October 6, 2010

God Speaks To Children

Lately during school time, I've been talking to the boys about spending time with God, listening, being quiet before Him and talking to Him like they would talk to us because He desires that as much as we do.  I try to have the boys spend some time each day being quiet with no TV, toys or the like to distract them.  Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't but it is our goal.

This afternoon Jonathan came to me and asked me what did 1 John 3:24 say.  He wanted me to look it up and print it out for him, which I did.  I asked him what made him think of this reference and he said it just popped into his head.  I encouraged him that this was one of the ways God could speak to him and that he had head from God.  There was such satisfaction in his little face - I loved it.  It makes all the frustrating times, the times things don't go well, the days I wish I had stayed in bed - worth every second.  On our way into town something else came up about obedience and he said, "I think we're on to something!"  So wonderful.

Oh, let me share the verse with you:  "Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them.  And this is how we know that he lives in us:  We know it by the Spirit he gave us."  1 John 3:24 NIV

Moms pour all the God you can into your children.  They hear you even when it seems they do not.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimarie said...

This is so true! So many times I get discouraged, as it seems I do nothing but correct and train. Then God gives me an encouraging glimpse that things ARE getting through as I hear one of the children talking to someone else, or giving a really insightful comment in a discussion we're having. We need God's strength for this! :-)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

October 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM  
Blogger Aiming4Simple said...

What an encouraging story. It reminds me how crucial it is to make teaching the Word to my children a priority.

October 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger megan said...

Very encouraging :) Thanks for sharing this story - it's so good to see how God speaks to people in different ways - even kids :)

October 7, 2010 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger CindyC said...

That is so wonderful! Praise God! :)

October 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home