Thursday, September 9, 2010

My 8 Year Miracle

I am so thankful for the blessings and, indeed, the miracles that he has done in my life.  Eight years ago He stepped in and rescued me and my newborn baby Jonathan.  It was an incredibly wild and blessing-filled day.

The birth story is long and sometimes scary and I won't go into all of that.  I'll sum it all up:  I pushed for 2½ hours but Jonathan wasn't moving down but his heart rate was and a C-section was decided.  While waiting on a OR, I lost a lot of blood and was rushed down the hall.  Jonathan was delivered gray-looking and hardly breathing and they intubated him.  Meanwhile, my epidural wore off toward the end of the c-section and I about come off the table trying to stop the pain. They knocked me out and I woke up in recovery after having to receive 2 units of blood.  Jonathan was absolutely fine after about 45 minutes and had no other problems.  He was a healthy weight of 8lbs, 10oz and 22½ inches long - according to his Meme, those are Dick's exact birth measurements.

I had a fabulous doctor and to this day I still insist that he is my favorite doctor!  Thanks Dr. Richmond.

Dr. Richmond and Jonathan - 2002
Jonathan - Summer 2010

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home